Thursday, April 22, 2010

HOW SWEET IT IS TO BE SPOLED BY YOU...OOOHHHH BABYYYYY CAKESSSS!















OK....I have been a diabetic for about 10 years now. I often deprieve myself of the many sweets that I can(not) eat. We are spoiled at work and frequently get many treats...from Uncle Biff's cookies (white chocolate macadamia), Champagne bakery treats (that Apple-stroudel with almonds on top yummmeeezzzz!!!), Extra-ordinary desserts (chocolate-chocolate cake), Haute Pink cupcakes (strawberry flavor w/ cherry on top) and my favourite...Baby Cakes Cupcakes (the red velvet cupcake super yummmeeezzzzz!!!!), but I just look and sometimes get tempted to take a pinch. I discovered Baby Cakes via our two reps-Michelle (the lady with vicious shoes) and Carrie (cute lil' very very nice Chinese girl). They handed me the red velvet cupcake one day...I saved it for my Hubby to have when he picks me up from work. I handed him over the cupcake and did not see a spec of it anymore...he devoured the poor cupcake, every moursel of it. He thought of that cupcake for days after I handed him his first addicting red velvet cupcake...I had to do my research to stop my Hubby's craving and searched for Baby Cakes in Hillcrest...we rushed to the cup cake shop...and was astonished that there were more heavenly cupcakes...Hubby almost fainted out of delight...we had 5 different cupcakes...the PB&J, Red Velvet (of course!), Blueberry, Mocha, and Black Forrest. I was surprised at the price ( $3.25 ea cup cake, I think???), but the size and taste of the cupcakes compensate for the price...Haute Pink Cupcakes charge about the same, but I think Baby Cakes' cupcakes are a lil' bigger...hubby says Haute Pink's was smaller but more filling...both cupcakes are good-a heavenly delight, but my favourite is Baby Cakes...I like it being in Hillcrest, we can go to Buffalo Exchange and have cupcakes with coffee afterwards...the people at the counter are also very accomodating and nice...I can say that if you want to spoil someone, give them a dozen cupcakes from Baby Cakes and I'm sure they'll love you for life. OK, the diabetic will stop talking about sweets now, I think my blood sugar elevated just by talking about cupcakes...till my next indulgence!!!! hahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment